How do I cancel hosting, addons, Platinum, or name registration?
This is a guide describing how to cancel services with Websavers. For our detailed cancelation policy, please click here. If you have multiple services with us (ex: a domain registration and a hosting plan) you will need to complete the matching steps for each one.
How to cancel a domain registration
- Login to the Client Centre
- Choose Registered Domains from the Client Centre menu along the top of the page
- Select the domain you wish to cancel from the list and choose Manage
- Choose the option to Disable AutoRenew
Useful info about canceling domains:
- Domain registration cannot be canceled in the ordinary sense. The domain will remain registered until its renewal comes due at which point, as long as you've disabled Auto Renew using the above noted steps, you will not be invoiced for renewal and the domain will simply expire. You will still get domain expiry notifications -- we are required by domain authorities ICANN and CIRA to send these.
- Once you have ordered a domain name, and the registration has been completed, it cannot be refunded. For example, if there were spelling errors when you ordered the domain, then you must keep the misspelled domain name -- though you can and should set it to not auto-renew as above -- and then purchase the correct one anew. If you have a hosting plan for that domain, the hosting can always be changed to the new domain.
- If you wish to guarantee cancellation of your domain name registration for the following year, we recommend disabling Auto Renew at least 60 days prior to the renewal date using the steps above.
How to cancel hosting and other services
- Login to the Client Centre
- Choose Hosting Plans and Services from the Client Centre menu along the top of the page
- Select the plan you wish to cancel from the list
- On the right, choose "Cancel Service"
A refund will be granted with the following conditions
- New orders: If you are within the 30 days of the original order (not payment, but from the submission of the order form).
- Renewal: If you are within 7 days of renewal
- If it is beyond 30 days from the order or 7 days from the renewal date, then we cannot provide a refund, though we'll be happy to continue to provide service until the end of the cycle.
Note: these statements do not override the full terms of our refund policy here.
If you have a credit card saved to your account, automatic renewal will occur unless you specify otherwise.
Separation of services
Please note that our shared hosting plans are a combined plan of web, email, and DNS hosting. Those parts are not separable. If you do not require one or more of those features, you may simply not use it, however there is no change in price as a result of your decision not to use that functionality. If you wish to have more fine-grained control over what you pay for, we suggest our VPS line where you can configure resources individually.
What happens when I cancel my Platinum subscription?
To fully understand what you lose upon cancelation of Platinum, you can read more about all that we do for those using our Platinum management service here: https://websavers.ca/shared-web-hosting#platinum
Here are a few of those items that are of particular importance:
- Your entire hosting plan becomes do-it-yourself. This means if you need a hand with anything related to your website or email, the most we'll do is send you a link to a guide to learn how to do it yourself. Nothing is hands-on any longer.
- With Platinum we monitor your site and ensure to step in to make changes as necessary to resolve outages. When you drop Platinum, you lose this monitoring and response.
- Our hack-free guarantee is part of Platinum management; if you site is compromised in any way, there will be a charge to have us repair it.
- Software Licenses: the license agreement with many of our premium software vendors requires that we tie our licenses with a maintenance plan - your Platinum subscription is that required maintenance plan. When you cancel Platinum, we're required to abide by our agreement and cancel all licenses we've used on your site. This typically includes: BeaverBuilder (our Visual Editor), PowerPack, WP Rocket, and WPForms or Formidable Forms, but may include additional software. Upon cancelation nothing will change on your site, however you will no longer receive updates to this software and a lack of updates can create problems with the site over time. If you decide to proceed with cancelation of Platinum management, we strongly recommend purchasing a license for the software we've used on your site. We have links to most of our software vendors here, should you wish to purchase a license: https://websavers.ca/recommended-resources
- 4 Users Found This Useful