How do I cancel hosting, addons, Platinum, or name registration?
This is a guide describing how to cancel services with Websavers. For our detailed cancelation policy, please click here.
To cancel domain registration:
- Login to the Client Centre
- Choose Registered Domains from the Client Centre menu along the top of the page
- Select the domain you wish to cancel from the list and choose Manage
- Choose the option to Disable AutoRenew
Note that domain registration cannot be canceled in the ordinary sense. The domain will remain registered until its renewal comes due at which point, as long as you've disabled Auto Renew using the above noted steps, you will not be invoiced for renewal and the domain will simply expire.
To cancel hosting and other services:
- Login to the Client Centre
- Choose Hosting Plans and Services from the Client Centre menu along the top of the page
- Select the plan you wish to cancel from the list
- On the right, choose "Cancel Service"
Cancelation will be granted with the following conditions
- If you are within the 30 days of the original order (not payment, but from the submission of the order form), then you are entitled to have the full amount of your hosting plan refunded - this excludes domain name registration.
- If it is beyond 30 days from the order, then we cannot refund your money, though we'll be happy to continue to provide service until the end of the cycle.
IMPORTANT - Cancellation of Domain Name Registration
- Once you have ordered a domain name, and the registration has been completed, it cannot be refunded.
- Although we wish registrations didn't work this way, if there were any spelling mistakes in the order form, then you will be billed for any mis-registrations.
- If you wish to guarantee cancellation of your domain name registration for the following year, you must disable Auto Renew at least 60 days prior to the renewal date.
If you have a credit card saved to your account, automatic renewal will occur unless you specify otherwise.
Separation of services
Please note that our shared hosting plans are a combined plan of web, email, and DNS hosting. Those parts are not separable. If you do not require one or more of those features, you may simply not use it, however there is no change in price as a result of your decision not to use that functionality. If you wish to have more fine-grained control over your resources, we suggest our VPS line.
Platinum Management Cancelation Changes
Here is what happens when/if you cancel your Platinum management subscription:
- Your entire hosting plan becomes do-it-yourself. This means if you need a hand with anything related to your website or email, the most we'll do is send you a link to a guide to learn how to do it yourself. Nothing is hands-on any longer.
- We no longer monitor your website for uptime. Previously we would monitor and ensure to step in to make changes as necessary to resolve outages. This will no longer be possbile
- Our hack-free guarantee is part of Platinum management; if you site is compromised in any way, there will now be a charge to have us repair it.
- If we have built your website: our license agreement with our premium software vendors requires that we tie our licenses with a maintenance plan and Platinum management is that plan. When you cancel Platinum, we're required to abide by our agreement with the software vendors and cancel all licenses we've used on your site. This typically includes: BeaverBuilder (our Visual Editor), PowerPack, and WPForms, but may include additional software. Upon cancelation nothing will change on your site, however you will no longer receive updates to this software and, in time, a lack of updates can create problems with the site. If you decide to proceed with cancelation of Platinum management, we strongly recommend purchasing a license for the software we've used on your site. We have links to most of our software vendors here, should you wish to purchase a license: https://websavers.ca/recommended-resources
To fully understand what you lose upon cancelation of Platinum, you can read more about all that we do for those using our Platinum management service here: https://websavers.ca/shared-web-hosting#platinum
- 3 Users Found This Useful